I’ve heard of mixing beer into cocktails, but I’ve never actually tried it. With fall sweeping us away, this would be the perfect cocktail for someone who loves fall flavors, and also loves to try something different!
Here is the recipe for Honey Cider-Beer Cocktails (http://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/honey-cider-beer-cocktails):
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cups seltzer water, chilled
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 (12-oz.) bottles pale ale-style beer, chilled
- 1 Gala apple, cored, thinly sliced crosswise, and divided
How to Make It
- Combine cider and honey in a small saucepan over medium-high; bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes or until reduced to about 1 cup, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; cool to room temperature. Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Place 1/2 cup cider mixture in a large pitcher (reserve remaining 1/2 cup for Honey Cider Cocktails). Add seltzer, lemon juice, and beer to pitcher, stirring to combine. Stir in half of apple slices. Serve over ice; garnish with remaining apple slices.
Honey Cider Cocktails (Kid-Friendly Variation): Place remaining 1/2 cup cider mixture in a large pitcher. Add 3 cups chilled seltzer water, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3 cups chilled sparkling apple cider, and 1 sliced Gala apple, stirring to combine. Serve over ice. Serves 8 (serving size: about 3/4 cup)