I recently became obsessed with photos of breakfast bowls plastered all over Pinterest. This trend is easily the most exciting way to start your day. And, it’s easy to throw together! You can be as creative or as basic as you want. What a fabulous way to try new flavor combinations!
Breakfast bowls are popular because not only are they healthy, but they also pack protein, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables in one easy to consume dish. They’re colorful and fun to look at, too! After all, we eat with our eyes first, as the saying goes.
So, load your favorite bowl up with fresh ingredients and powerful proteins.
Here are some fun combinations:
- Oatmeal, almonds, honey, mango slices.
- Quinoa, avocado, peaches, raspberries, maple syrup.
- Oatmeal, banana, toasted coconut, black sesame seeds, chocolate shavings.
- Quinoa, coconut milk, cocoa powder, dark chocolate, berries.
- Quinoa, avocado, sprouts, soft boiled eggs, feta, hot sauce.
- Oatmeal, black beans, soft boiled eggs, grated cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon.